Wednesday, April 8, 2009

sorry for not posting

I am so sorry for not posting for some time but the last seven days have been real tough. Last Friday I arrived at school planning on teaching a whole day but my arm left arm had really been hurting me. I thought I would just take my heating pack and try to keep heat on it for the day because that seemed to help Thursday evening. But after just a couple of hours one of my coworkers noticed that I did not look well and looked at my arm and said that I needed to go home and call my doctor. Well, I did relent on the seond issue and called my oncologist who was very concerned that I was experiencing so much pain after they had prescribed me the steriod which should have cleared this up. So he wanted me in Portland right away because he though I might have a blood clot in my arm, not good! Needless to say Emma Lee and I quickly made our way to Portland where test concluded that I did not have a blood clot but the vein in my arm where the chemo was administered was greatly "distressed". They put me on a whole host of new drugs and scheduled me to come back to Portland on the following Monday to have a pic line put in


I will continue later. I need to go to bed. I am soo tired

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Chris,

    As always, please don't hesitate to call or text me if you need anything at all while you're up here... including a place to crash.

    I'm thinking about you... all of you!

    Love,
    Aryn

    ReplyDelete